To help business cope with the COVID economic impact on the business, Facebook have launched small business grants across the world, including India.
Facebook is offering USD 100M in cash grants and ad credits to help small business during this challenging time.
How the programme can help
This grant can help small businesses in keeping their workforce going strong, help with rent and operational costs, connect with more customers, and support the business community.
Check if your business eligible?
Up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in more than 30 countries will be able to receive a grant from Facebook. To be eligible to apply, your business must:
- Have between 2 and 50 employees
- Have been in business for over a year
- Have experienced challenges due to COVID-19
- Be in or near a location where Facebook operates
To check if your area is eligible, or to sign up for email updates when applications open, see how to apply below.
How to apply
Applications are now open in India. Apply for your grant today.
Small businesses in India can submit their application between 15-21 September 2020.
Each business that is awarded a grant will receive approximately INR 63,000 in cash and INR 38,000 in optional Facebook ad credits to help during this challenging time.
Small businesses do not need to have a Facebook presence in order to apply.
To apply, you will need the following documents:
- GST Registration Certificate
- Business PAN
We know that your business may be experiencing disruptions resulting from the global outbreak of COVID-19. We’ve heard that a little financial support can go a long way, so we are offering cash grants and ad credits to help during this challenging time. To be eligible to apply, you must:
• Be a for-profit business
• Have between 2 and 50 employees as on January 1, 2020
• Have been in business for over a year
• Have experienced challenges from COVID-19
• Be in or near a location where Facebook operates – New Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru
Important Programme Information
- To ensure that we help as many businesses as possible, we invite each business to only apply once. If you are a partner / director in more than one business, please apply for any one of your businesses. We will not be able to consider duplicate or multiple applications.
- We will be verifying the submitted information, so only those applicants whose names appear in the uploaded business documents are invited to apply.
- Please ensure the information you submit is consistent with the information on the documents you submit as the information you provide will be verified with the details on your business documents.
- All applications will go through a carefully constructed process of review and evaluation. At different stages in the Grants Programme, you may be required to provide additional information. These requirements will be communicated through SMSes to the mobile number provided by you and the emails to the email address provided by you. Please ensure that you keep checking your inbox for emails regarding the Grants Programme. Please also check your spam folder to ensure that you do not miss any important communication. We will never ask you to share confidential information such as bank account passwords / email passwords or account passwords.
- In case you receive an email that you think may be fraudulent, please contact the Grants Programme helpdesk ([email protected]) immediately. Please ensure that you do not respond to any emails that appear related to the Facebook Small Business Grants Programme from any email address that seems invalid as they will not be from Facebook or our technology partner Goodera, and could be a scam or phishing attempt.
- In case we reach out to you for additional information via email, please respond within 48 hours or within the deadline for response set out in the email so that we can continue to process your application swiftly.
- The grant award is a combination of approximately INR 63,000 in cash and approximately INR 38,000 in optional Facebook ad credits. In case you are selected for a grant, you will receive cash to your chosen bank account and, if you opted for ad credits, they will be applied to the ad account you provided. Please note that we will not be able to convert ad credits into cash. If you do not opt for ad credits, you will receive only the cash amount.
At different stages of the programme, we may ask you for certain documents, including, without limitation, the documents listed below.
- Business PAN for your business entity
- GST Registration Certificate
Please ensure you have these documents to hand to ensure you can upload copies of them as required during the application process. Please do note, all soft copies of documents must be clear images that are easy to read else we will not be able to process your application.